Monday, November 16, 2020

2020-11-13 Trip planning and route graphics

I spent about half of today working up a trip plan for climbing Mount Sherrill in the Catskills. (I was mostly looking at following the route recommended by Catskill Mountaineer but in usual Kevin form, I was kind of obsessing about it, and combing the aerial images to spot where the ledges were and making GPS waypoints, that sort of thing.

I also made a little more progress toward managing highway shields. I managed to add a 'changed' flag in the database that is set when a route is brought in from OSM, and reset when the graphic for the shield becomes available. Having this flag means that the 'routeGraphics' program doesn't have to look at all the route relations every time for ones that don't have graphics files. It cuts the run time down from minutes to an eyeblink.

Onward to testing the beast, but first, a day off for hiking!

No comments: